Interested in the Equine industry but don’t know if it is really for you? Ihab began with no equine work experience and was able to learn the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the industry.
The Ontario Equine Education and Employment Program is FREE and provides education, job search and preparation support, and exposure to industry professionals. Ihab found employment as a Hot Walker at Woodbine Racetrack, as his Work Experience Placement. With the knowledge gained from OEEEP, Ihab is now working at a barn in Toronto, taking care of horses and helping students prepare the horses for their lessons.
What is most rewarding about Ihab’s job is the daily interaction with horses and students. Every day brings about its own challenge and he is always learning. Ihab is continuing to progress in the industry where he hopes to specialize in equine nutrition or work towards becoming a barn manager in the future! This program has been a positive experience for Ihab and helped him follow his childhood passion. OEEEP assisted and trained Ihab to be successful in the Equine industry.
Whether you are someone with a passion for horses or looking for a career change, this program can provide the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the industry. With convenient online learning, job search support, and the opportunity to learn directly from industry professionals, OEEEP is an excellent choice for anyone interested in the equine industry.
The next information session will be hosted virtually on May 30th, and June 7th. To apply, please register before June 6th. Space is limited!
Covered in Virtual/live class meetings:
- The Horse Anatomy, Physiology, Gaits and Behaviour
- Basic Handling and Safety Skills and daily management
- Horse Health and Disease Prevention
- Nutrition and Facility Management
- An introduction to the Ontario horse industry and employment
Eligibility and Suitability:
- Passion/Interest in working with/caring for horses
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Not in full time education/training
- 15+ years of age
- Ontario resident and legally entitled to work in Ontario
Benefits of the Equine Program:
- Building Connections within the Equine Industry
- Job placements for new graduates
- Learn from Equine Industry experts