Ontario Job Creation Partnerships (OJCP) offers job seekers the opportunity to develop new skills and gain work experience through employer-sponsored community-based projects. As a designated service provider for the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD), our role at VPI is to help job seekers navigate the application process and help employers and sponsors understand the opportunities available to them.
OJCP applications are open all year-round. For more information or assistance with your application, fill out an information request form or contact: 1-888-336-9500.
- Work with an employer in your community
- Add recent work experience and skills to your resume
- Increase your chances of finding long-term employment
- Participate in a project that will benefit your community and local economy
Employers / Sponsors
- Receive financial assistance and support to start a unique project that benefits the community and local economy
- Help community members increase their chances of successfully finding long-term employment
In order to be eligible for Ontario Job Creation Partnerships, projects should do the following:
- Be finite in nature and incremental to the sponsor’s normal activities
- Provide a benefit to the community or the local economy
- Cost-shared by the employer/sponsor
- Last between 12 – 52 weeks
- Not be a duplicate of or in competition with existing Employment Ontario Service
- Not be dependent upon future funding
- Not be part of a project sponsor’s normal day to day activities
Eligibility and Suitability
To be eligible for Ontario Job Creation Partnerships, job seekers must:
- Be unemployed and eligible to work in Canada
- Demonstrate difficulty finding work with their skills, qualifications and experience
- Meet one of the following condition:
- Have an active claim with Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefits
- Have had an active Employment Insurance benefit that ended in the past 36 months (3 years)
- Have had a paid Maternity or Parental claim that began within the past 60 months (5 years), and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children.
In order to be eligible for Ontario Job Creation Partnerships, employers/sponsors must:
- Submit a project proposal to the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD)
- Share in the cost of the project
- Be one of the following:
- non-profit organization
- crown corporation
- provincial/territorial governments
- First Nations councils
- public health and educational institutions
Employers and sponsors should contact the toll-free Employment Ontario hotline at 1-800-387-5656 to receive information about how to access Ontario Job Creation Partnerships services in their area.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.