VPI Working Solutions has been providing Vocational Assessment, Vocational Rehabilitation and return-to-work services since 1988. Our assessment and return to work services are performed by highly-qualified specialists who prepare their findings and recommendations for use by legal representation, rehabilitation professionals, insurers, and employers. We have successfully helped our referring agents and their clients by providing tangible, realistic recommendations and supportive vocational services.
We offer comprehensive, defensible Vocational Assessment, Rehabilitation and Job Placement Services. Some of the features of our services include:
- Province-wide availability
- Fully-accessible facilities designed to accommodate clients with disabilities or injuries
- Experienced specialists who understand the importance of high-quality reports that can withstand the scrutiny of arbitration and litigation
- Dedication to Quality Assurance to ensure that each report meets or exceeds industry reporting standards and contains opinions and conclusions that are impartial, objective and defensible
- Staff who have been accepted as Expert Witnesses by courts of law
Vocational Assessments are objective, defensible reports that provide expert opinions about a client’s realistic vocational potential and overall employability. The goal of a Vocational Assessment is to provide practical recommendations to referring agents to allow them to best support their client’s needs.
VPI works as an impartial third-party throughout the assessment process. Depending on the outcome of an Assessment, we also offer rehabilitation services and resources designed to help clients with the next, best step in their vocational or avocational careers.
Vocational Rehabilitation is a range of services designed to help clients return to work after an injury or illness. These services include one-on-one counseling to determine a client’s best career options; a customized curriculum of workshops to prepare clients for their job search; and individualized support to assist clients in securing a job placement.
At VPI we have a unique Vocational Rehabilitation program that includes Job-Readiness Workshops and Job Development & Placement Services. We understand that job seekers experiencing challenges like disability, literacy issues or long-term unemployment face additional challenges when attempting to enter or re-enter the workforce. Our client-focused program specializes in preparing individuals who experience barriers for a successful return-to-work with meaningful and sustained employment. We strive to ensure that our clients are able to enjoy successful labour market re-entry, whether that means gainful, competitive employment or volunteer work for social enrichment.
We employ a team of knowledgeable and experienced certified professionals who can identify and evaluate persons who are experiencing (or who are at risk of experiencing) a vocational disability or disadvantage. Our roster of vetted specialists also helps in the Assessment and Vocational Rehabilitation process by applying knowledge, strategies and interventions that are unique to their disciple. Some of the certified professionals that we work with include:
- Canadian Certified Vocational Evaluators (CCVE)
- Certified Vocational Evaluators (CVE)
- Certified Disability Management Professionals (CDMP)
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals (CVRP)
- Certified Return-To-Work Coordinators (CRTWC)
Vocational Assessment Services
- Physical Demands Analysis
- Cognitive Demands Analysis
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Job Site Analysis
- Vocational Assessment
- Psychovocational Assessment
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Cognitive-Vocational Assessment
- Cognitive Psycho-Vocational Assessment
- Labour Market Research (LMR)
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Functional Abilities/Capacity Evaluation (FAE/FCE)
- Employability Analysis
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Workplace Situational Assessment
- Career Counseling
- Career Exploration
- Job-Readiness Workshops
- Job Coaching
- Education Research
- Job Development/Placement Service
- Graduated Return to Work Plan
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)