The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) is a government-funded subsidy that offsets the cost of training new and existing employees. The goal of this program is to help employers invest in their workforce by sharing the cost of training – ultimately, to support job creation, increase job quality or provide job advancement opportunities. Our role is to help employers navigate the application process and distribute reimbursements on behalf of Employment Ontario. Our services are provided to employers for free.
- Save up to 5/6 of training costs for eligible employers – up to $10,000 reimbursement per trainee
- Enhanced employee satisfaction and improved business performance
- Freedom to choose the employees to be trained, type of training and training provider
- Available to small, medium and large organizations
- Tuition and related fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials (e.g. training clothing, tools, equipment, disability supports, etc.)
- Mandatory student fees
- Examination fees
- Identify skills gaps, the type of training that will address those gaps
- Identify the individuals to be trained
- Commit to having a job, or conditional job offer, for the trainee upon completion of training
- Pay the upfront cost of training in full
It’s important to note that funding is not guaranteed. While all eligible applications are reviewed, priority will be based on a tiered system of conditions. Top priority is placed on Tier 1 applications.
Employers must pay the cost of training upfront and in full. An employer who qualifies for funding will be reimbursed up to 5/6s of the cost of training.
|<100 employees||> 100 employees|
|Upfront cost of training paid by employer||$12,000||$12,000|
|Cost of training reimbursed by COJG||$10,000||$6,000|
|Cost of training ultimately paid by employer||$2,000||$6,000|
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.