We’re hosting a Newcomer Open House in Georgetown to help you connect with community organizations that offer free services to new residents of Halton Region and recent immigrants. This event is a great opportunity to meet reputable organizations that can help you achieve your career and professional goals in Canada.
Admission is free however pre-registration is mandatory.
Participants are not required to stay throughout the entire event. Late arrivals are accepted.
- Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: 235 Guelph Street, Unit 4, Georgetown, ON L7G 4A8
Guest speakers discuss how to access free services and resources during a one-hour presentation.
Service Canada @ 11 am
Milan Aryal from Service Canada discusses the new Canada child benefit, how to access the Canadian job bank website and more.
Humber College @ 12:30 pm
Peter Paul from Humber College discusses training programs available in industries including engineering, IT, marketing, health care and more.
Credit Canada @ 2 pm
Richard Haggins from Credit Canada discusses effective strategies for saving and developing financial management skills.
Receive 1:1 support and information from info booths available.
- Magnet Immigrant Services offers labour market insights to help you secure employment
- Health Force Ontario offers licensing and alternative career options for internationally trained professionals in the health sector
- Immigrant Access Fund offers loans of up to $10,000 to pay for licensing or training in Canada
- Centre for Education & Training offers free resources available in Peel and Halton Regions
- Centre for Skills Development and Training offers free notary services and how to access English classes
- Service Canada
- Humber College Bridging Programs
- Credit Canada
- Magnet Immigrant Services
- Health Force Ontario
- Immigrant Access Fund
- Centre for Education & Training
- Centre for Skills Development and Training
Help us spread the word!
Participants are encouraged to bring friends and family members. For more information, contact us at 905-873-9816 or firstname.lastname@example.org