According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, more than 50% of Canadians diagnosed with diabetes are of working age. With 11 million Canadians living with diabetes or prediabetes, there’s a good chance that you or someone you work with is affected by by this disease.
Join us alongside Gabriella Simo and Lisa Higgins from Diabetes Canada to learn how diabetes impacts the daily lives of millions of Canadians and what you can do about diabetes in the workplace. Whether you have diabetes, work with people who have diabetes or just want to learn more, this event is perfect for you.
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Location: VPI Working Solutions, 3443 Finch Avenue East, Suite 102, Scarborough
- The basics of diabetes – what are the risk factors, types, signs and symptoms
- Blood sugar at work – how to stay safe, emergency protocols, knowing when to speak up
- Disclosure of diabetes – how to speak to your supervisor, when to bring it up
- Empathy in the workplace – how to manage others with diabetes, rights/obligations
- Prevention opportunities – healthy eating and physical activities
Visit our event partner’s website and social media channels for more information on diabetes:
- Diabetes Canada website
- Diabetes Canada – LinkedIn
- Diabetes Canada – Facebook
- Diabetes Canada – Twitter
- Diabetes Canada – Instagram
Help us spread the word!
Participants are encouraged to bring friends and family members. For more information, contact us at 416-293-7489 or firstname.lastname@example.org