This workshop is available one of two ways:
- Facilitated group workshops at any of our 11 branches
- Self-led learning through our online Learning Centre
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge on writing cover letters and learning how to personally connect with future employers. It is always a good idea for you to keep your writing techniques current and fresh no matter your current job status. This workshop will help you keep your professional writing skills sharp.
What will you learn?
Key topics include:
- Preparation techniques for cover letter creation
- Identify skills and qualifications to highlight
- Structure of a cover letter
- Creating proper reference lists
- How to execute thank-you letters
- Generating a professional portfolio for an interview
What should you expect?
Our professional team puts great emphasis on creating an open and relaxed environment, so that you can feel comfortable enough to ask questions or contribute to class discussions. This workshop incorporates all different types of learning styles, so you can understand and absorb the information for future reference.
You will experience a variety of interactive activities including:
- Exercises to help you brainstorm what you may want to include in a cover letter
- Cover letter templates for your reference
- Organizational charts to help you arrange potential references
- Sample formats for creating appropriate thank-you letters
When you’ve completed this workshop, you will:
- Understand the need for an accompanying cover letter with every resume
- Recognize what skills, qualifications and goals should be included
- Learn how to achieve good references for future job positions
- Execute professional and impressive thank-you letters to employers