Address: 200 McNab Street, Suite 200, Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
Hours of Operation
Open the first Saturday of every month from 9am – 3pm, except long weekends, then it is the following Saturday.
Other Bruce County Locations – by appointment only: 519-881-4900
147 Mahood Johnston Drive
Lion’s Head Municipality Building
56 Lindsay Road
Maple Square Mall
515 Goderich Street, Unit 211
Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.
As an Employment Ontario service provider, we offer free services, programs and resources to help job seekers identify, prepare for and attain suitable, sustainable employment. For more information on how we can help you with your job search, contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Help creating an effective resume
Goal: Gain work experience before starting university
Challenge: Creating an effective resume
Support offered: Resume and job interview support
“I wanted my resume to stand out and with the tips and tricks I learned through the workshops, I was able to accomplish that.”
– Becca, job seeker
To help gain more real-world experience before going off to university, Becca decided to start applying for part-time jobs. But she was not having any luck landing interviews. After hearing about VPI Working Solutions from her guidance counsellor, she decided to attend a workshop being hosted at her school.
At the workshop VPI's Student Job Specialist taught Becca tactics and strategies to make her resume stand out, including tips on layout, organization and how to highlight skills and limited previous work experience.
Armed with new tools for success, Becca created a revised resume and started sending it out. Within a day, Becca got a call from an employer to set up an interview.
Whether you're in school or just looking to spruce up your resume, we can help. Contact us today for help with your resume.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Thursday, March 21 | 10:00 am
Free 1-on-1 career counselling to determine if you are eligible and interested in the YJC program. Sign up today to schedule your appointment.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Landscape Foreman-Construction (Walkerton)
- Welder Fitter - Manufacturing (Walkerton)
- Fabricator/Fitter/Welder - Transportation and Warehousing (Kincardine)
- Truck Equipment Installer - Transportation and Warehousing (Kincardine)
- Farm Hand-Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting (Kincardine)
- Cabinet Assembler-Construction (Mildmay)
- Driver-Transportation and Warehousing (Mildmay)
- Server-Food and Accommodation (Walkerton)
- Shipper/Receiver-Transportation and Warehousing (Chepstow)
- General Production Labourer-Manufacturing (Hanover)
- Detailer-Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (Kincardine)
- Farm Hand - Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting (Cargill)
- Residential Finish & Trim Carpenter-Construction (Port Elgin)
- Landscape Gardener-Construction (Walkerton)
- Precast Plant–Technician-Construction (Chepstow)
- Automotive Service Technician-Transportation and Warehousing (Midmay)
- Shift Manager-Accommodation and Food Services (Kincardine)
- Breakfast Cook-Accommodation and Food Services (Kincardine)
- Labourer-Yard Help-Retail Trade (Walkerton)
- Assemblers-Manufacturing (Walkerton)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Featured Jobs | April 2019
Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in April.
Looking for more jobs? Visit our job board. We have hundred of jobs available on our job board--updated daily.(Read more)
Highlights from Careers in the Trades 2019
Thank you to all of the exhibitors, sponsors and attendees of Careers in the Trades 2019. You helped make the event a success.(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Disclosure of Disability
Sign up for this free workshop to learn strategies for disclosing disabilities in the workplace.(Read more)
Customer Service Excellence Workshop | April 2019
Hone your customer service skills. Sign up for a free workshop in April.(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.