Employer Success Story
- Employer: Canadian Linen
- Industry: Linen and uniform supply
- Size: 115 production facilities
- Program: Youth Job Connection Summer
- 1 position filled
- 4 weeks from inquiry to hire
- Support offered: Pre-screened candidates, organized job fairs, compiled resumes, coordinated interviews, relayed feedback to candidates, coordinated placement paperwork
“Finding motivated individuals has always been a challenge for us. Looking forward to working with VPI in our future hiring sessions to help connect us to the future employees of our company.”
– Anthony Perry, Production Manager, Canadian Linen
Canadian Linen has been operating in Canada for over 90 years. The company offers employees competitive wages, benefits and performance-based incentives. But the work is physically demanding and the conditions are hot and loud. As a result, it has had challenges keeping employees motivated.
Through our Youth Job Connection (YJC) Summer program for students, we connected Canadian Linen with James, a bright student with no work experience. James secured a summer position and after completing a series of paid pre-employment workshops, excelled in his role and quickly became an asset to the Canadian Linen team.
|Difficulty finding motivated individuals||
|Difficulty retaining employees who are the right fit||