Employer Success Story
- Employer: AMB Driving School Inc.
- Goal: Secure funding to upskill instructors
- Challenge: Finding a cost-effective way to train staff
- Focus of support: Navigating the COJG application process
- 2 employees trained and wages increased
- 2 new employees hired
- 2/3 of cost of training covered by MAESD
- Trained staff are now able to train new hires
“I was able to introduce an in-house training program using my own staff, since my staff are now trained. It’s a great program!”
– Malik, Business Manager, AMB Driving School
AMB Driving School operates out of Scarborough and offers driving instruction and certification to new drivers–including 20 hours of in-class instruction. To expand operations and stay competitive with local competition AMD needed to find a cost-effective way of training and upskilling their instructors.
AMB contacted VPI after hearing about the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) from another employer. The COJG program is designed to help employers train staff by providing funding to offset training costs. As a designated service provider, we guided the AMB team through the application process and helped it secure funding for training.
Ultimately, AMB only paid for one-third of the total cost of training. AMB received funding to train two instructors on lesson plan development, communication skills and in-class instructional techniques. The training was so successful that the instructors applied what they learned to develop an in-house training program for new employers who, otherwise, would not have been hired due to training constraints.
|High cost of employee training a barrier to expanding business||
For more information on how we can help you secure funding for staff training, contact us today.