We’re looking for Workshop Facilitators and Job Placement Specialists to join our vpi team in Georgetown, Etobicoke, Ajax and Oshawa.
As a 1 year contract working full-time hours, the Workshop Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the Employment Resource Centre (ERC). They provide information to clients regarding tools and resources related to their job search, and they facilitate individual and group workshops to assist clients attain their occupational goals. As a Facilitator, you should be passionate for engaging a group and teaching others.
- Provide instruction and direction to clients regarding the available resources and how to use them
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops, covering a wide variety of topics such as Second Career, Career Exploration, Resume and Cover Letters, and Workplace Essential Skills
- Create and maintain a positive, safe, professional and fun learning environment
- Deliver, motivate, and encourage clients through effective training techniques in both one-on-one and group classroom dynamics
- Act as resident expert on all internal and community resources available to assist clients
Job Placement Specialist
As a 1 year contract working full-time hours, the Job Placement Specialist is responsible for locating, securing and assisting unemployed client’s find meaningful employment. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, sales-focused, with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet targets. This is a great opportunity for a Junior Recruiter!
- Develop employment opportunities for clients, facilitate employment interviews, and coach clients in job interview strategies
- Engage employers to allow vpi to become a staffing resource to them and develop long-term productive and mutually beneficial relationships
- Outreach to employers to promote specific clients’ skills sets, matching the right skills to the right job leads
- Participate with Chamber of Commerce, Job Development associations, and professional and trades associations to develop job leads, market clients, and develop networking and mentoring relationships
- Keep current with local and regional labour market conditions, demands, and expectations
- Post secondary degree or diploma in related field
- Related experience in:
- Facilitator Role: training and facilitation/teaching or Employment counseling
- Job Placement Specialist Role: business development (staffing/recruitment)
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and local labour market
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving ability
- Time management and organization skills
- Experience meeting or exceeding targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Champion a positive and satisfying work environment by living the vpi core values and culture
- Job Placement Specialists must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance
How to apply
- If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.