Address: 200 McNab Street, Suite 200, Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
Hours of Operation
Open the first Saturday of every month from 9am – 3pm, except long weekends, then it is the following Saturday.
Other Bruce County Locations – by appointment only: 519-881-4900
147 Mahood Johnston Drive
Lion’s Head Municipality Building
56 Lindsay Road
Maple Square Mall
515 Goderich Street, Unit 211
Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.
As an Employment Ontario service provider, we offer free services, programs and resources to help job seekers identify, prepare for and attain suitable, sustainable employment. For more information on how we can help you with your job search, contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Job Search Help for Recent Immigrants
Goal: Find first Canadian job in field of choice
Challenge: Lack of Canadian work experience
Support offered: One-on-one coaching, Resume critique, Mock interview
“VPI helps you in getting the basics right and encourages you to never stop trying until you get what you’re looking for.””
– Nihar, former job seeker
Nihar is a recent immigrant to Canada with a background in Project Management. When he got in contact with VPI he had all the right credentials and was highly motivated to find work in his industry. But he lacked Canadian work experience.
He was not interested in taking jobs outside of his industry just to gain experience. He had already received help with his job search from other services but had not yet had any success.
Nihar met with one of our expert Career Specialists and together they worked on revising his resume to make it specific and relevant to his career goals.
With his newly-optimized resume, Nihar was able to land an interview with a company in his industry of choice. After doing a mock interview with his Career Specialist, Nihar nailed the real interview and was offered the job.
Nihar is currently employed and gaining Canadian experience in his industry of choice and is optimistic about his future as part of the Canadian workforce.
For more information on how we can help you with your job search, contact us today.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Wednesday, January 16 | 4:00 pm
Smart Serve Training allows participants to legally serve alcohol in Ontario. Financial supports may be available to cover fees.
Wednesday, March 6 | 10:30 am
Learn about apprenticeship programs and explore careers in the trades.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Personal Support Worker-Health Care and Social Assistance (Walkerton)
- Online Learning Recruitment Officer(Grey-Bruce Territory)-Educational Services (Kincardine(Grey Bruce Territory))
- Tax Preparer-Finance and Insurance (Port Elgin)
- General Helper (Tiverton)
- Housekeeper-Accommodation and Food Services (Kincardine)
- Housekeeping/Dining Room Server-Health Care and Social Assistance (Tiverton)
- Laborer/Herdsman-Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting (Kincardine)
- Cook & Dietary Aid-Health Care and Social Assistance (Chesley)
- Labourer-Manufacturing including food (Tiverton)
- Kitchen Helper (Lucknow)
- Health Care Nurse-Health Care and Social Assistance (Lucknow)
- Personal Support Worker-Health Care and Social Assistance (Lucknow)
- General Labourer/Signs Installer-Construction (Walkerton)
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) – Long term Care (Chesley)
- Kitchen Cook-Manufacturing including food (Tiverton)
- Physiotherapy Assistant-Health Care and Social Assistance (Port Elgin)
- Sales Associate-Retail Trade (Port Elgin)
- Personal Support Workers-Health Care and Social Assistance (Grey Bruce County)
- Automotive Service/ Parts Advisor-Retail Trade (Kincardine)
- Counter person-Accommodation and Food Services (Hanover)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Featured Jobs | January 2019
Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in January.
Looking for more jobs? Visit our job board. We have hundred of jobs available on our job board--updated daily.(Read more)
Free Pre-Apprenticeship Programs
Pre-apprenticeship programs are a great way to research and prepare for a career in the trades.(Read more)
Free Customer Service Workshop | January 2019
Start your job search off on the right foot in the new year. Sign up for a workshop and get the edge on your job search.(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Newcomers
Learn about Canadian work culture, explore Canadian values and find out what to expect within a Canadian workplace. (Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.