Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Help creating an effective resume
Goal: Gain work experience before starting university
Challenge: Creating an effective resume
Support offered: Resume and job interview support
“I wanted my resume to stand out and with the tips and tricks I learned through the workshops, I was able to accomplish that.”
– Becca, job seeker
To help gain more real-world experience before going off to university, Becca decided to start applying for part-time jobs. But she was not having any luck landing interviews. After hearing about VPI Working Solutions from her guidance counsellor, she decided to attend a workshop being hosted at her school.
At the workshop VPI's Student Job Specialist taught Becca tactics and strategies to make her resume stand out, including tips on layout, organization and how to highlight skills and limited previous work experience.
Armed with new tools for success, Becca created a revised resume and started sending it out. Within a day, Becca got a call from an employer to set up an interview.
Whether you're in school or just looking to spruce up your resume, we can help. Contact us today for help with your resume.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Wednesday, May 1 | 2:00 pm
Learn about the Trucking industry, including information getting started and local training programs. Presented by Transport Training Centers of Canada.
Wednesday, May 8 | 11:00 am
Learn how to overcome a criminal record and achieve career advancement. Presented by Pardons Canada.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Metal Coater-Construction (Oshawa)
- Garden Centre-Retail Trade (Whitby)
- Server-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Staff Member-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Warehouse Worker-Manufacturing including food (Whitby)
- Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Customer Service Associate-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Bilingual Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Retention/Escalation Agent-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Marketing/Social Media - Health Care and Social Assistance (Ajax)
- Residential Cleaner-Accommodation and Food Services (Osahwa)
- Customer Contact Representative-Admin/ Support, Waste Mgmt/Remediation Services (Whitby)
- Cashier-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Kitchen/Counter Staff-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Retail Sales(Leasing) Associate-Real Estate and Rental and Leasing (Oshawa)
- Delivery Driver/Furniture Mover-Real Estate and Rental and Leasing (Oshawa)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Featured Jobs | April 2019Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in April.
Looking for more jobs? Visit our job board. We have hundred of jobs available on our job board--updated daily.(Read more)
Highlights from Careers in the Trades 2019Thank you to all of the exhibitors, sponsors and attendees of Careers in the Trades 2019. You helped make the event a success.(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Disclosure of DisabilitySign up for this free workshop to learn strategies for disclosing disabilities in the workplace.(Read more)
Customer Service Excellence Workshop | April 2019Hone your customer service skills. Sign up for a free workshop in April.(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.