Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.
As an Employment Ontario service provider, we offer free services, programs and resources to help job seekers identify, prepare for and attain suitable, sustainable employment. For more information on how we can help you with your job search, contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Job Search Help for Recent Immigrants
Goal: Find first Canadian job in field of choice
Challenge: Lack of Canadian work experience
Support offered: One-on-one coaching, Resume critique, Mock interview
“VPI helps you in getting the basics right and encourages you to never stop trying until you get what you’re looking for.””
– Nihar, former job seeker
Nihar is a recent immigrant to Canada with a background in Project Management. When he got in contact with VPI he had all the right credentials and was highly motivated to find work in his industry. But he lacked Canadian work experience.
He was not interested in taking jobs outside of his industry just to gain experience. He had already received help with his job search from other services but had not yet had any success.
Nihar met with one of our expert Career Specialists and together they worked on revising his resume to make it specific and relevant to his career goals.
With his newly-optimized resume, Nihar was able to land an interview with a company in his industry of choice. After doing a mock interview with his Career Specialist, Nihar nailed the real interview and was offered the job.
Nihar is currently employed and gaining Canadian experience in his industry of choice and is optimistic about his future as part of the Canadian workforce.
For more information on how we can help you with your job search, contact us today.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Monday, December 17 | 2:00 pm
Do you need a job? Are you unsure about education and training options? We can help! Register now for support and assistance with job search, labour market research, resume development and more!
Wednesday, December 19 | 10:00 am
Find out about local legal aid options to help you with legal issues when you can’t afford a lawyer. Presented by Halton Community Legal Services.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Food Service Attendant-Accommodation and Food Services (Georgetown)
- General Accountant-Manufacturing including food (Georgetown)
- Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist-Manufacturing including food (Georgetown)
- Dispatcher/Customer Service - Transportation and Warehousing (Georgetown)
- General Labourer - Manufacturing (Georgetown)
- Office Administrator / Coordinator -Wholesale Trade (Acton)
- Sales Associate-Retail Trade (Bramton)
- Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) - Health Care and Social Assistance (Georgetown)
- Warehouse Lumper-Transportation and Warehousing (Caledon)
- Dishwasher - Accommodation and Food Services (Georgetown)
- Sales Associate-Finance and Insurance (Georgetown)
- Production Worker-Wholesale Trade (Georgetown)
- General labourer-Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (Georgetown)
- Forklift Operator (Milton)
- Production Team Leader (Milton)
- Machine Operator – CNC Plasma-Manufacturing (Georgetown)
- Production Assembly Worker-Manufacturing including food (Georgetown)
- Team Leader-Wholesale Trade (Milton)
- Cook-Accommodation and Food Services (Georgetown)
- Receiver / Driver-Wholesale Trade (Georgetown)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Featured Jobs | January 2019
Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in January.
Looking for more jobs? Visit our job board. We have hundred of jobs available on our job board--updated daily.(Read more)
Free Pre-Apprenticeship Programs
Pre-apprenticeship programs are a great way to research and prepare for a career in the trades.(Read more)
Free Customer Service Workshop | January 2019
Start your job search off on the right foot in the new year. Sign up for a workshop and get the edge on your job search.(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Newcomers
Learn about Canadian work culture, explore Canadian values and find out what to expect within a Canadian workplace. (Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.