Address: 56 Aberfoyle Crescent, Suite 600, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2W4
Hours of Operation
Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Help Building Confidence for your Job Search
Goal: Return to work
Challenge: Preparing for job search; Building confidence
Support offered: One-on-one job search support; Workshops; Resume Support; Mock Interviews
“The more we talked the less weight I felt I was carrying on my own… when our appointment was complete I no longer felt I was alone dealing with finding employment.”
– Nancy, former job seeker
Nancy faced the difficult circumstances of looking for work while also dealing with a recent personal loss. She felt overwhelmed and unprepared for a job search. She had been applying for jobs online but wasn’t having any luck landing an interview.
She visited her local VPI office for help. After meeting with a Career Specialist and coming up with a plan that addressed each of Nancy’s challenges, she felt more confident and prepared.
The plan included assistance in recognizing and evaluating her skills through Self-Assessment workshops, one-on-one support for reworking her resume to better reflect her experience, and applying for job opportunities with VPI’s network of employers.
Within days of applying with her new resume, Nancy was called in for an interview. To prepare, she participated in mock interviews with the VPI team. More confident than before, Nancy went to her job interview and impressed the hiring manager.
Six days after her initial meeting with VPI, she had been offered, and accepted a new job.
If you need help returning to work, we can help. Contact us today.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Tuesday, October 22 | 2:00 pm
Hear from a lawyer from South Etobicoke Legal Services on topics that impact most Canadians, including the Canada Pension Plan, Worker's Rights, and Employment Insurance.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Electrician Assistant-Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (Brampton)
- Finance Trainee-Finance and Insurance (Etobicoke)
- Shipper/Receiver-Manufacturing including food (Etobicoke)
- Office Administrative Assistant/front desk-Health Care and Social Assistance (Toronto)
- Junior Accounting Clerk-Wholesale Trade (Etobicoke)
- Inbound Customer Service and Sales Representative-Administrative and Support, Waste Management and Remediation Services ...
- Juice Presser-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Sales Representative-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Bottling Production Associate-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Counter Sales Associate-Construction (Etobicoke)
- Kitchen Production Staff-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Meat Clerk-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Baker-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Cashier-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Deli Clerk-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Grocery/Deli/Meat/Cheese Clerk-Accommodation and Food Services (Mississauga)
- Baker/Cake Decorator-Accommodation and Food Services (Etobicoke)
- Cashier/In Store Customer Service-Accommodation and Food Services (Etobicoke)
- Production Artist-Retail Trade (Toronto)
- Warehouse Worker-Wholesale Trade (Etobicoke)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Say hello to LinkedIn LearningLinkedIn Learning is here. Find out about free access to over 14,000 educational videos for VPI program participants.(Read more)
3 ways to adapt to a changing workforceIf you're over 50 and working or looking for a new job, what can you do to stay current?(Read more)
Customer Service Excellence | October 2019Hone your customer service skills. Sign up for a free workshop in October.(Read more)
Help Building Confidence for your Job Search"The more we talked the less weight I felt I was carrying on my own... when our appointment was complete I no longer felt I was alone dealing with finding employment."– Nancy, former job seeker(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.