Address: 56 Aberfoyle Crescent, Suite 600, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2W4
Hours of Operation
Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Help assessing and developing workplace skills
Goal: Build work experience and confidence
Challenge: Developing skills; building work experience
Support offered: Job search support; workshops; resume support
“VPI is a great place to assess your skills sets and learn about resources to help you develop and find employment.”
– Patrice, former job seeker
Patrice is a local business leader in Durham Region who works to advise and empower entrepreneurs in her community.
She recalls stepping into her local VPI branch a few years ago for help with her own career path. She needed Canadian work experience and lacked confidence in her resume and job skills.
To help Patrice develop her resume, the VPI team worked with her to assess the skills she already had and advised her on workshops and guest speaker events to develop new skills and make connections. As she put it, “The staff were friendly and encouraging. I appreciated that, especially in a time when I felt invisible.”
With access to a network of employers actively looking for candidates and job fairs hosted monthly, VPI opened up added resources to Patrice to help her in her search. The team notified her regularly about relevant job postings and upcoming hiring events. Through the process, Patrice developed her confidence and skills, which helped her find her next job and also throughout her career.
If you need help assessing your skills, we can help. Contact us today.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Tuesday, August 27 | 9:00 am
Smart Serve Training allows participants to legally serve alcohol in Ontario. Financial supports may be available to cover fees.
Thursday, September 12 | 11:00 am
Find out about Sentient HR Services, including upcoming positions and tips for applying successfully.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Electrician Assistant-Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (Brampton)
- Finance Trainee-Finance and Insurance (Etobicoke)
- Shipper/Receiver-Manufacturing including food (Etobicoke)
- Office Administrative Assistant/front desk-Health Care and Social Assistance (Toronto)
- Junior Accounting Clerk-Wholesale Trade (Etobicoke)
- Inbound Customer Service and Sales Representative-Administrative and Support, Waste Management and Remediation Services ...
- Juice Presser-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Sales Representative-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Bottling Production Associate-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Counter Sales Associate-Construction (Etobicoke)
- Kitchen Production Staff-Manufacturing including food (Mississauga)
- Meat Clerk-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Baker-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Cashier-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Deli Clerk-Retail Trade (Etobicoke)
- Grocery/Deli/Meat/Cheese Clerk-Accommodation and Food Services (Mississauga)
- Baker/Cake Decorator-Accommodation and Food Services (Etobicoke)
- Cashier/In Store Customer Service-Accommodation and Food Services (Etobicoke)
- Production Artist-Retail Trade (Toronto)
- Warehouse Worker-Wholesale Trade (Etobicoke)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Customer Service Excellence | September 2019Hone your customer service skills. Sign up for a free workshop in September.(Read more)
Help assessing and developing workplace skills"VPI is a great place to assess your skills sets and learn about resources to help you develop and find employment." – Patrice, former job seeker(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Job InterviewsLanding an interview is an exciting experience, but you may not always know what to expect. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered . Our team(Read more)
5 High-Paying Entry-Level JobsIf you're just starting out or thinking of making a career change, here are 5 entry-level jobs that pay well and are expected to stay in-demand over the next few years.(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.