Hiring Event: Maple Leaf | Hamilton | 9:00 am
April 17 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 | 9:00am-12:00pm
|Date:||Wednesday, April 17, 2019|
|Location:||VPI Hamilton, 1051 Upper James Street, Suite 102, Hamilton ON L9C 3A6|
Contact us to register
This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
On-the-spot interviews with Maple Leaf Foods who are hiring General Labourers for their Hamilton facility. Registration is free, but space is limited. Register today to secure your interview spot.
Salary: $14.80 / hour
Hours: 8 hr shifts (days and afternoons available)
Location: Hamilton (440 Glover Road)
- Set up and adjust single-function processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
- Enables the movement of product from one position/location to another using power equipment
- Inspects/weighs product
- Operates equipment
- Monitor machines for proper operation watching for jammed materials, defects or other irregularities
- Operate single function machines required to process or package food products
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as necessary
- Participate in continuous improvement programs, meetings, etc.
- Understand and comply with basic food safety principles
- Other duties as assigned
- Secondary School education
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and asset