- This event has passed.
Hiring Event: Chagpar & Associates Law Firm | Toronto | 10 am
August 28 at 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Hiring Event: Chagpar & Associates Law Firm
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 | 10:00am-1:00pm
Chagpar & Associates Law Firm
|Date:||Wednesday, August 28, 2019|
|Location:||VPI Toronto, 970 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 203, Toronto, ON M6A 3B6|
Contact us to register
This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Pre-screening interviews on behalf of Chagpar & Associates Law Firm in North York, who are hiring for 3 positions. Participation is free, but space is limited. Register today to reserve your interview spot.
Sr Tort/AB Clerk
- Full time
- Compensation is dependent on Experience
- 4+ years of law clerk or paralegal experience working with Accident Benefits claims in a personal injury and/or insurance litigation firm with references
- Proficiency with the Rules of Civil Procedure and/or the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
- A solid understanding of the Sedona Canada Principles, the EDRM and relevant legal terminology
- Experience in trial preparation and dispute resolution processes such as drafting of claims, motion records, legal memoranda, LAT Applications, etc.
- Full time
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Coordinating, scheduling and calendaring of all court hearings, mediations, examinations for discovery, pre-hearings among other events and deadlines.
- Monitoring of firm calendar including all events and deadlines and providing reminders and follow-ups for lawyers and staff.
- Assisting with the management of the lawyer’s schedule/calendar.
- Drafting notices and other legal documents and correspondence.
- Assisting with discovery
- Case and file management
- Full Time
- Compensation based on experience
- Handle all aspects of file carriage, including intake, client meetings, file assessment, file strategy, examinations for discovery, mediations, pre-trial conferences, trials and settlement negotiation.
- Supervise and instruct accident benefits clerks on accident benefits matters, handle all aspects of catastrophic claims, and conduct LAT hearings on high value files.
- Contribute and participate in the overall success of the firm, which includes but is not limited to lawyers’ meetings, active discussions regarding strategy, policy and procedure, internal training, policy development, and internal events.
- Provide training to staff, as well as articling and summer students as needed from time to time.
- The ideal candidate will be able to both work as part of a team and independently with a focus on providing excellent client service. The firm offers a supportive environment, interesting, diverse and challenging work
- They provide comprehensive legal services for a large base of clients, with a focus on service and professional excellence.
- Some trial experience is an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills with particular emphasis in the area of personal injury defense to assume a challenging case load.