Your resume is essentially a snapshot of who you are and what you bring to the table. Make sure it presents a picture you’re happy with. If you need help or are interested in improving your resume writing skills to secure a job, this workshop is for you!
Our Resume building workshop is our most popular for job seekers. Not only is this opportunity a great way to network and learn valuable job-related skills for any level of employment, but this service is completely FREE!
This workshop is available one of two ways:
- Facilitated group workshops at any of our 11 branches
- Self-led learning through our online Learning Centre
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for anyone who is wants to improve their resume. Whether you have loads of experience or are looking for your first job, this is a beneficial workshop to consider attending.
What will you learn?
This workshop is a hands-on learning experience taught by our team of specialists who have seen hundreds of resumes and know the importance of creating a solid resume that will get you noticed by many employers.
Key topics include:
- Properly organize resume information
- How to use professional verbiage
- Appropriate formats
- Three different types of resumes
- Personalizing your resume
- The importance of the “7 second rule”
- Performing successful job searches
What should you expect?
This workshop encourages inclusivity by creating a safe and open environment where individuals feel comfortable asking questions and working with others. Our staff have curated this workshop experience to include practical step-by-step instructions on creating different formats and layouts, to help you choose a style that reflects you best.
You can expect an array of interactive activities including:
- Collaborative resume building videos
- Exercises to help you brainstorm effective ways to displays your strengths
- Workbook resources including key words to use in your resume
- Additional information on professional career websites
When you’ve completed this workshop, you will:
- Know how to recognize and highlight your strengths and relevant experience
- Select the best resume type and format for your situation
- Have the tools to write a resume that employers will want to read
Attend a Resume Building Workshop in your area. Contact us today!