VPI has been providing Vocational Assessment, Vocational Rehabilitation and return-to-work services since 1988. Our assessment and return to work services are performed by highly-qualified specialists who prepare their findings and recommendations for use by legal representation, rehabilitation professionals, insurers, and employers. We have successfully helped our referring agents and their clients by providing tangible, realistic recommendations and supportive vocational services.
We offer comprehensive Vocational Assessment, Rehabilitation and Job Placement Services. Some of the features of our services include:
- Province-wide availability
- Fully-accessible facilities designed to accommodate clients with disabilities or injuries
- One-on-one counseling to determine ideal support for employment success
- Workshops and support services designed to help clients return to work
- Experienced specialists who understand the importance of high-quality reports that can withstand the scrutiny of arbitration and litigation
- Progress updates delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Dedication to Quality Assurance to ensure that each report meets or exceeds industry reporting standards and contains opinions and conclusions that are impartial, objective and defensible
- Staff who have been accepted as Expert Witnesses by courts of law
- Organization of the logistics associated with our services, from transportation, translators (if needed) and coordinating schedules
Vocational Assessments are objective, defensible reports that provide expert opinions about a client’s realistic vocational potential and overall employability. The goal of a Vocational Assessment is to provide practical recommendations to referring agents to help develop clear, realistic and achievable career paths.
VPI works as an impartial third-party throughout the assessment process. We maintain an active roster of vetted specialists and certified professionals who are able to deliver reports with fair and accurate conclusions and recommendations. Depending on the outcome of an Assessment, we also offer rehabilitation services and resources designed to help clients with the next, best step in their vocational or avocational careers.
Vocational Rehabilitation is a range of services designed to help clients return to work after an injury or illness. These services include one-on-one counseling to determine a client’s best career options; a customized curriculum of workshops to prepare clients for their job search; and individualized support to assist clients in securing a job placement.
At VPI we have a unique Vocational Rehabilitation program that includes Job-Readiness Workshops and Job Development & Placement Services. We understand that job seekers experiencing challenges like disability, literacy issues or long-term unemployment face additional challenges when attempting to enter or re-enter the workforce. Our client-focused program specializes in preparing individuals who experience barriers for a successful return-to-work with meaningful and sustained employment. We strive to ensure that our clients are able to enjoy successful labour market re-entry, whether that means gainful, competitive employment or volunteer work for social enrichment.
We offer a selection of workshops to help clients develop important job seeking skills and prepare for the realities of securing and maintaining employment. Our curriculum is highly-customizable and is tailor-made to fit the specific needs of each client. Topics covered in our workshops include, but are not limited to:
- self-marketing skills
- resume preparation
- interview skills
- job maintenance
- career advancement
Job Development & Placement Services
Our Job Development & Placement Services assist clients follow through with their return to work plan by helping clients with the critical task of finding and securing employment. At VPI we recognize that good workers may not always be good self-marketers, and despite thorough preparation, job search training and genuine effort, many individuals are unable to represent themselves positively to prospective employers.
Through our Job Development & Placement Services we are able to manage the challenges that face individuals who require assistance re-integrating into the workforce. Job Placement Specialists can assist those who have suitable job goals, but require assistance with finding work and need guidance through the transition. Labour market research and job searches are conducted with and on behalf of the client in order to identify suitable employment opportunities. Our team of Job Placement Specialists negotiate sustainable and gainful employment for our clients.
We employ a team of knowledgeable and experienced certified professionals who can identify and evaluate persons who are experiencing (or who are at risk of experiencing) a vocational disability or disadvantage. Our roster of professionals also helps in the Assessment and Vocational Rehabilitation process by applying knowledge, strategies and interventions that are unique to their disciple. Some of the certified professionals that we work with include:
- Canadian Certified Vocational Evaluators (CCVE)
- Certified Vocational Evaluators (CVE)
- Certified Disability Management Professionals (CDMP)
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals (CVRP)
- Certified Return-To-Work Coordinators (CRTWC)
Vocational Assessment Services
- Physical Demands Analysis
- Cognitive Demands Analysis
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Job Site Analysis
- Vocational Assessment
- Psychovocational Assessment
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Cognitive-Vocational Assessment
- Cognitive Psycho-Vocational Assessment
- Labour Market Research (LMR)
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Functional Abilities/Capacity Evaluation (FAE/FCE)
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Workplace Situational Assessment
- Career Counseling
- Career Exploration
- Job-Readiness Workshops
- Job Coaching
- Education Research
- Job Development/Placement Service
- Graduated Return to Work Plan
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)