We have been providing vocational assessment, rehabilitation and return-to-work services, along with defensible independent medical examinations, since 1988. With a varied referral base of clients — including legal firms, rehabilitation providers, insurance companies, disability insurers, and government agencies — we have successfully helped our clients by providing tangible, realistic recommendations.
- vpi has been providing defensible Third Party IME’s (Independent Medical Examinations), Vocational Assessments, Coordinated Disability Management and Return to Work Rehabilitation Services since 1988.
- With a varied referral base of Insurance Companies, Disability Insurers, Government Agencies and Legal Firms, vpi has successfully helped its’ clients by providing tangible, realistic recommendations.
- Our commitment to staff training, development, SABS education, and monitoring of mediation and industry arbitration decisions results in superior customer service and quality results.
- Our constantly expanding, comprehensive roster of skilled professionals encompasses a broad spectrum of medical and paramedical disciplines and is available province-wide. Our specialists are experienced in medico-legal reporting and recognize the importance of providing high quality reports in a timely and cost effective manner.
- At vpi, our dedication to Quality Assurance ensures that each report exceeds industry reporting standards and contains opinions and conclusions that are impartial, objective and defensible.
Medical & Paramedical Services
- File Review
- Executive Summary
- Audiology Assessment
- Cardiology Assessment
- Chiropractic Assessment
- Dental Assessment (Dentist)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Assessment (Dental Surgeon)
- Functional Abilities Evaluation (FAE)
- Cognitive Functional Abilities Evaluation
- General Practice Assessment
- In-Home Assessment
- Internal Medicine Assessment
- Naturopathic Assessment
- Neurology Assessment
- Neuropsychology Assessment
- Ophthalmology Assessment
- Optometry Assessment
- Orthopedic Assessment
- Otolargyngology (ENT) Assessment
- Physiatry Assessment
- Physiotherapy Assessment
- Psychiatry Assessment
- Psychology Assessment
- Massage Therapy Assessment
- Nursing Assessment
- Rheumatology Assessment
- Speech Language Pathology Assessment
- Social Work Assessment
- Respiratory Assessment
- Kinesiology Assessment
- Physical Demands Analysis
- Cognitive Demands Analysis
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Job Site Analysis
- Vocational Assessment
- Psychovocational Assessment
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Cognitive-Vocational Assessment
- Cognitive Psycho-Vocational Assessment
- Labour Market Research (LMR)
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Workplace Situational Assessment
- Career Counseling
- Job Goal Setting Workshop
- Essential Self-Marketing Tools Workshop
- Fundamental Job Search Techniques Workshop
- Job Coaching
- Education Research
- Job Development/Placement Service
- Graduated Return to Work Plan
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
Vocational Assessments and Rehabilitation
- vpi is recognized as a leader in Vocational Assessments and Rehabilitation Services. We provide knowledge and strategies to effectively handle disability claims by maintaining a focus on vocational rehabilitation to ensure best outcomes.
- Through objective and defensible reports vpi can help you determine your client’s realistic vocational potential and overall employability.
- The focus of vocational rehabilitation under the vpi model is to provide disabled individuals with restorative and rehabilitative services in order to facilitate community involvement, whether return to competitive employment or avocational opportunities
Job Development/Placement Services
- At vpi we recognize that good workers may not always be good self-marketers, and despite thorough job search training and genuine effort, many individuals are unable to represent themselves positively and successfully to prospective employers.
- vpi is able to manage these challenges through its unique job development and placement services that benefit individuals who require assistance re-integrating into the workforce. Job Placement Specialists can assist those who have suitable job goals, but require assistance with finding work and need guidance through the transition.
- Through vpi’s job development and placement services, labour market research and job searches are conducted with and on behalf of the client in order to identify suitable employment opportunities. A Job Placement Specialist acts as a broker to negotiate successful, sustainable and gainful employment.
- vpi provides medico-legal assessments and opinions by specialists that are experienced in providing expert testimony in conjunction with objective, reliable, defensible reports to facilitate discussions between relevant parties.
- At vpi, we make our specialists aware of any relevant changes to the SABS or any other relevant policies or legislation, and closely monitor emerging trends and relevant issues through ongoing education and communication.
- As of January 1, 2010, the “Duty of Expert” Rule (Rule 4.1 of the Rules of Civil Procedure) came into effect. vpi’s Quality Assurance Team reviews each report to ensure that it meets the requirements of rule 53.03(2.1).
Independent Medical Examinations
- Independent Medical Examinations (IME’s) are impartial examinations by a specialist, retained by vpi, to assess impairment sustained by an individual following an accident/illness. IME’s identify any pre-existing conditions, give an opinion about causation and prognosis, respond to questions as posed by the referring agent and provide confirmation of disability for benefit entitlement.
- vpi provides full management of various medical and rehabilitation assessments, specializing in more complex files where vocational rehabilitation may be required.
- Our Independent Examinations offer expert medical and paramedical opinions required to confirm the best course of action to diagnose and rehabilitate individuals, providing sustainable and significant results for all our clients.
- With our commitment to producing thorough unbiased, evidence-based assessments, vpi is able to focus on delivering impartial, clear, concise opinions and quality reports.