Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Help reentering the candidate pool
Goal: Find employment where her skills will be used and valued
Challenge: Reentering the candidate pool after several years with one organization
Support offered: Workshops, one-on-one career counselling
“I was always greeted with a smile and positivity which made me realize I had made the right choice to seek help in my journey back into the workforce.”
– Lyndsay, former job seeker
After working at the same organization for 15 years, Lyndsay lost her job and had to start her first job search in years.
Having spent so much time with one organization, Lyndsay was faced with some unique concerns. How competitive would her applications be against other job seekers? How could she be sure that she wanted to stay in the same industry? How would the skills she had developed over several years translate into a new job or new industry?
Unsure of her next steps, Lyndsay got in touch with VPI Working Solutions. She met with one of our expert Career Specialists, and together they came up with a plan that included attending career exploration workshops.
While attending the workshops, Lyndsay was able figure out what she wanted from her career. "I spent a lot of time learning about myself. I spent time identifying my values, interests and skills so that I could focus on what career opportunities would be a new and good fit for me."
Lyndsay applied for opportunities that were aligned with her new career goals. She was hired and started a new career in a new industry, working with VPI.
Whether you're looking to reenter the candidate pool or just need help with your current job search, we can help. Contact us today for help with your resume.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Tuesday, May 21 | 12:00 pm
Pre-screening interviews: Nurses, Personal Support Workers
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- New Business Specialist-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Advisor Insurance-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Landscape Gardener-Construction (Oshawa)
- Sales Associate-Wholesale Trade (Oshawa)
- Kitchen/Counter Staff-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- General Labourer-Waterproofing-Construction (Oshawa)
- Sales Associate-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Cashier-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Staff member-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Food Server-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Kitchen Helper / Food Prep - Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Operator-Sewing Machine-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Laser Cutter – Metal Fabrication-Construction (Oshawa)
- Delivery Driver/Furniture Mover-Real Estate and Rental and Leasing (Oshawa)
- Customer Service Rep-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Crew Member-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Customer Service Associate-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Bilingual Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Retention/Escalation Agent-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs with LiUNAGet help applying for free Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship programs in Construction with LiUNA.(Read more)
Careers with One Toronto GamingRegister to attend a pre-screening information session for an upcoming Hiring Event with One Toronto Gaming.(Read more)
New permanent Kincardine OfficeWe're pleased to announce our new permanent VPI Working Solutions office in Kincardine.(Read more)
Featured Jobs | May 2019Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in May.(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.