Find all of the latest information on resources, upcoming events and opportunities below. If you want to receive our monthly newsletters and have all the latest information delivered directly to your email, subscribe here and we will be in touch soon.contact us today.
Print and share the month’s latest jobs, news, and upcoming events.
Finding the right job quickly
Goal: Find a job to gain experience
Challenge: Difficulty getting interviews
Support offered: Resume support, one-on-one career counselling
“VPI helped me secure a golden opportunity in the most efficient way possible.”
– Narvir, former job seeker
Looking to earn money for school and gain some real-world work experience, Narvir had been applying for jobs on job boards but had not been called in for any interviews.
After seeing a job opportunity posted by VPI on behalf of one of our employers, Narvir scheduled an appointment to come in and see how we could help him with his job search.
Narvir met with one of our expert Career Specialists and together they worked on developing Narvir's resume. While his resume was current, it was not tailored to the industry or any of the specific jobs he was applying for.
With his revised resume, Narvir began applying for jobs again. Almost instantly, he received an interview for an office administrative role. Within a few days of coming in to talk to a Career Specialist, Narvir had been offered and accepted a job.
If you're having difficulty finding the right job, we can help. Contact us today for help with your resume.
Could your success story be next? Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest success.
Every month we host various events at our branches to help job seekers develop their job search skills and get back to work. Registration is required and all events are free, unless otherwise indicated. Click an event listing to see more details and to register.
Thursday, June 6 | 11:00 am
Hear from the Community Development Council Durham about their local programs and services, including housing support, newcomer support and community gardening.
Thursday, June 13 | 8:30 am
2-day First Aid & CPR training teaches you critical skills needed to respond to a choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency. This free training is presented by Durham College.
Plan accordingly! View all of our events this month by clicking through to our monthly calendar.
Have all the latest events delivered directly to your email. Sign up today
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, seasonal or full-time job, we can help. Apply for one of our current job openings below.
- Litter Pick Up Crewmember-Administrative and Support, Waste Management and Remediation Services (Oshawa)
- Kitchen/Counter Staff-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Customer Service Associate-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Bilingual Customer Care Ambassador-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Retention/Escalation Agent-Information and Cultural Industries (Oshawa)
- Sales Associate-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Food Server-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Kitchen Helper / Food Prep - Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Operator-Sewing Machine-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- Customer Service Rep-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Crew Member-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Sales Associate-Wholesale Trade (Oshawa)
- Cashier-Retail Trade (Oshawa)
- New Business Specialist-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Advisor Insurance-Finance and Insurance (Oshawa)
- Landscape Gardener-Construction (Oshawa)
- General Labourer-Waterproofing-Construction (Oshawa)
- Staff member-Accommodation and Food Services (Oshawa)
- Laser Cutter – Metal Fabrication-Construction (Oshawa)
Stay up to date on the latest jobs in your area, delivered monthly and straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Featured Jobs | June 2019Whether you're looking for part-time, full-time or seasonal work, we've got you covered. Apply for any of these new job opportunities in June.(Read more)
Featured Workshop: Career AdvancementSign up for a free Career Advancement workshop and develop the skills to take your career to the next level.(Read more)
Customer Service Excellence | June 2019Hone your customer service skills. Sign up for a free workshop in June.(Read more)
Careers with One Toronto GamingRegister to attend a pre-screening information session for an upcoming Hiring Event with One Toronto Gaming.(Read more)
We’d Love to keep you informed on the latest job seeker news. Stay in touch.